Summer theater courses for young people offered | faith and community
RACINE – Racine Children’s Theater offers a full line of summer acting classes at the Racine Theater Guild, 2519 Northwestern Ave. Registration is now open for ages 4 to 18 for classes from June to August. Young entertainers have the opportunity to stretch their acting, dancing, and singing muscles by developing skills, learning something new, and forming friendships along the way. Additionally, the class-to-stage production, “Disney’s Jungle Book KIDS,” will be part of the course offerings. The courses are:
- “Creative Children”, from June 13 to 17. Junior lessons for 4-6 year olds, 9am-10.30am; senior classes for 7-9 year olds, 11am-12.30pm Participants explore the space around them through rhythm, movement, improvisation and theater games. Fee: $55.
- “Dramalympics”, for 10-13 year olds, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., from June 20 to 24. With a particular emphasis on acting technique, students will learn the skills of an actor through monologue work. Fee: $125
- “Fairytale Players”, for ages 6 to 9, from 9 a.m. to noon from June 27 to July 1. Participants learn basic theatrical skills by rehearsing and performing a familiar fairy tale for friends and family. Fee: $125.
- “Act Up!” for 14-18 year olds, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., from June 27 to July 1. Participants learn to write their own stories through role play and improvisation. Fee: $125
- Playwright Express, for ages 10-14, 9 a.m. to noon July 11-16. In this workshop, students have one week to write, produce and perform an original play through teamwork. Fee: $185.
- “Broadway Bound, Junior,” for ages 6-9, 1-4 p.m., July 11-15. Students will learn the skills of a “triple threat” while having fun playing “Arf!” : A canine musical comedy of kindness, courage and calamity”. Fee: $125.
- “Broadway Bound, Senior,” for ages 10-14, 1-4 p.m., July 18-22. Students will learn the skills of a “triple threat” as they perform “A Child’s Life: A Practical Musical Guide to the Boldest, Most Dangerous and Exciting Time…Like…Ever!” » Fee: $125.
- “Tales of Myths and Wonders”, for 8 to 11 year olds, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., July 25 to 29. Participants will delve into the story structure, important themes, and iconic characters of memorable fables and folk tales, through oral and written history. Fee: $125.
- “Don’t worry, it’s Shakespeare!”, for 13-18 year olds, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., from August 1 to 5. Participants explore the plays, people and power of William Shakespeare and his world. Fee: $125
- Racine Children’s Theater class-to-stage production, “Disney’s The Jungle Book KIDS,” for ages 10-17, 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday, July 25 through August 25. 12. Fees: $225. The final performance on August 12 will be offered as a bonus for the 90th season of Racine Children’s Theater.
People also read…
Families who register for more than one class will receive a $10 discount for each class. Go to roottheatre.org or call 262-633-4218 to register.